The National Association of Certified Service Providers has been formed to:
- To promote the advancement of automated sales tax collection and administration;
- To promote the use of Certified Service Providers, certified by the States;
- To educate the public and the retail industry about the role and benefits provided by Certified Service Providers;
- To facilitate training, education, and research in computerized multistate sales tax compliance; and
- To assist the States in maintaining and enforcing appropriate standards for Certified Service Providers and in obtaining and enforcing appropriate certification marks.